Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Day 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326 Final Post
Well, final post.
I'll keep it short and simple, but before that I just want to thank Dr. Hong for coming to dinner with me, Alex, and Haitou last night. We talked about many things and it was a very good last dinner with the Dr. especially after he had treated us to lunch on so many occasions.
Now onto the final post. I don't really have a lot to write about, doing this on the last day is somewhat bittersweet. I experienced a range of emotions from sad to happy, angry to bored, while on this exchange however the second semester was a lot more stressed than the first. Most of it was due to my new roommate who I dont ever want to see or hear from again after this. I really could care less what happens to him after.
I do want to mention my first roommate, Seungho, though. He was the best roommate I've had and probably will ever have. I wish him all the best in the future and I'll keep in touch with him for sure.
I also want to thank Murat, Su, Alex, Chen, Marine, Haitou, Mengju, Seungho and all my Korean friends that I've met this year. Without any of you, I'll admit that this exchange would've been a complete hell for me. Also, I want to thank Zeb, Dan, Thomas, Eva, Lindis, and everyone in my tour group for North Korea, they made it so much more unforgettable than it already is.
Something tells me we'll all see each other again someday, and I'll look forward to that!
I better get packing soon, since me and Alex are off to Japan tomorrow and I won't be updating from there for the next two weeks. And that reminds me, my first post. It was finally landing in Japan after 17 hours or so.
And before I forget, I want to thank Wendy and Karen for being there for me when I needed it the most :D
I'll see you and everyone else in two weeks!
I'll never stop saying this, but it just felt like yesterday I came here, and now it's over... So...thank you Korea for being my unforgettable, second home this year, I will be back someday! I know I'll miss this in a couple weeks after I return to Canada.
Places visited-->
Seoul:
Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, N Seoul Tower, Hongdae (Trick eye museum), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong, Jongmyo Shrine, Arisu Water Purification Centre, Sinchon, Seonreung and Jeongreung royal tombs, Sinsa
Jeju Island: Hallasan, Ilchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo, War Memorial of Korea
Yongin: Korean folk village
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ): Panmunjom/JSA, Dora Observatory, Third Infiltration tunnel, Dorasan Station
Jeonju
Busan
Paju (Heiri Village)
Incheon: Chinatown and area
Suwon: Hwaseong Fortress
China:
Beijing
Tianjin
Dandong
DPRK:
Pyongyang
Kaesong
DMZ
Mt. Myohyang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment