Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 301, 302, 303, 304


There really isn't anything interesting to write about from the past 4 days, besides preparing for presentations and final exams. But I'm not going to post about my time here anymore, unless there is something post-worthy, since there is only 19 days left. I will begin posting my thoughts about the first semester and reminiscing on some memorable moments from then.

So I guess the first memorable moment was coming to Korea on Day 1, it was a completely foreign and alien for me since I had never been here before. I had thought that Korea was just like Japan, but the minute I stepped off the plane, I knew I was completely wrong.
And I can't forget to mention that from this airport pick up I met Seungho, Melissa, Murat, Marine, Chen Yahjie, and Mark for the first time. I won't forget the first dinner/meal I had in Korea either, it was an omelet rice (or bibimpap?? xD) at a restaurant near the university. I won't forget the first night in the dorm room either, no blanket or pillow, just a mattress with a cover...it was fine though since it was 30 degrees plus humidity outside.






And yes I did include pictures, though these are already on my Facebook...

My next post will be about the trip to Jeju Island. Until then...

Places visited-->
Seoul:
Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, N Seoul Tower, Hongdae (Trick eye museum), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong, Jongmyo Shrine, Arisu Water Purification Centre, Sinchon, Seonreung and Jeongreung royal tombs, Sinsa
Jeju Island: Hallasan, Ilchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo, War Memorial of Korea
Yongin: Korean folk village
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ): Panmunjom/JSA, Dora Observatory, Third Infiltration tunnel, Dorasan Station
Jeonju
Busan
Paju (Heiri Village)
Incheon: Chinatown and area
Suwon: Hwaseong Fortress

China:
Beijing
Tianjin
Dandong

DPRK:
Pyongyang
Kaesong
DMZ
Mt. Myohyang

No comments:

Post a Comment