Once again I start this blog off with nothing new to write. The only thing interesting that has happened this past week was my second class field trip to Seonreung and Jeongreung, two of the 40 Royal tombs of the Joseon Dynasty that are inscribed on the UN's World Heritage list. That was interesting since I've never seen any type of tomb like that before. It consists of a raised mound to mark the site of a grave. Think of it as a baseball mound, but bigger and covered in grass. That's the closest I can describe it. And it's interesting to see the stone statues of animals and soldiers guarding/looking over the tombs, nothing like it in Canada.
As for what I'm doing now, nothing. Just watching the movie "The Fugitive" as I write this, Seungho is sick as a dog and other than that it's been a very lazy week and day. Need to get working on that paper soon TT and prepare for finals...
Oh for Karen and Ada again, you need to visit Seoul now! Especially Myeongdong which is the shopping street. Along with Namdaemun and Dongdaemun markets. I have a feeling you two might never want to leave...
And I cant believe it's been 3 months already. I swear it only feels like yesterday since I've arrived. I can honestly say now that Seoul and Korea is my second home now
서울하고한국을좋아해요!!
Places visited in Korea: Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, Jeju Island (Hallasan, IIchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo), N Seoul tower, Hongdae (Trick Eye museum), Yongin (Korea folk village), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong, Jongmyo Shrine, Demilitarized Zone [DMZ] (Panmunjom/JSA, Dora observatory, Third Infiltration tunnel, Dorasan Station), Arisu water purification center, Sinchon, Jeonju, Busan, Seonreung and Jeongreung royal tombs
No comments:
Post a Comment