Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

Not alot to report on besides two major things, the fireworks and walking around Myeongdong. First the fireworks. The pictures have been posted on Facebook and it's something you'll never see in Calgary. There was approximately 1 million people attending the fireworks and I'll believe that number since I can't describe how crowded the subway stations and park, near the Han River where the fireworks took place, were. Me and Su left before the fireworks before they were done, thank god, since we had estimated it would take a long time to get back to the University. Well, it only took us an hour...Now I'm thinking I should've stayed until the end, but then I just remember how crowded it was.
And yesterday took a walk in Myeongdong. I've found the Shibuya of Seoul!!! Along with name brand stores, there's street vendors that will satisfy any type of shopping and appetite. Yes, Ada I know you're following this blog, so this section is specifically for you and Karen, and your shopping habits...
Oh, should've mentioned this in my last post, but I got my first hair cut in Korea a couple weeks ago. Need to re-cut since it's still too long...




Places visited in Korea: Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, Jeju Island (Hallasan, IIchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo), N Seoul tower, Hongdae (Trick Eye museum), Yongin (Korea folk village), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong

No comments:

Post a Comment