Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 268, 269, 270


Well this is a first in a long time, me updating this blog in only a couple days instead of 2 or more weeks...
But it's for good reason because I did do some interesting and fun things.

Yesterday I finally went and saw the Banpo rainbow bridge...actually it was the second time but this time I did see the water fountain performance and it was very romantic. The water fountain show was coupled with music too, so now I wish I had a girlfriend so I could bring her there and then we could sit on one of the benches there, watching the fountain show and while sharing some chocolates ^^ But I went with Sackdavong and a couple of his Korean friends and one was surprised to have never heard of this bridge before, while the other got an idea on how to confess his feelings to a girl he just met. Anyway, I'm glad I finally went there and saw the bridge show...if only Murat and Chen were here too since they wanted to see it last time but like me, couldn't.

And the other thing I wanted to write about was a Seoul friendship fair that was held today. It showcased the many ex-pat communities Seoul had to offer, ranging from Kenya to Indonesia, there were booths and performances everywhere, plus some food booths too. Ahh I wish I brought some money for those because the German and French sausages looked sooo good and it was barbecued too...TT how I miss North American style barbecue...

But only another month and a half left though! :D

So that's it for this post, I'm sure if I forgot something I'll write about it in the next post.




Places visited-->
Seoul:
Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, N Seoul Tower, Hongdae (Trick eye museum), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong, Jongmyo Shrine, Arisu Water Purification Centre, Sinchon, Seonreung and Jeongreung royal tombs, Sinsa
Jeju Island: Hallasan, Ilchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo, War Memorial of Korea
Yongin: Korean folk village
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ): Panmunjom/JSA, Dora Observatory, Third Infiltration tunnel, Dorasan Station
Jeonju
Busan
Paju (Heiri Village)

China:
Beijing
Tianjin
Dandong

DPRK:
Pyongyang
Kaesong
DMZ
Mt. Myohyang

No comments:

Post a Comment