Friday, May 18, 2012
Day 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285
What a difference 10 days make. I'm not angry at my roommate anymore, and I feel very de-stressed now. I swear it's a love-hate type of relationship...
Anyway, the only interesting thing to report on in the last 10 days was my trip to Insadong with Alex to buy some gifts. It's a very touristy area and shops catering to them too, so when we were checking shops for gifts, we went into one that didn't stand out or anything, but I'll never go back there again. First, the lady told us that we could not touch the souvenirs that were on display outside, even though every other shop allowed it, and the things displayed outside weren't even that good anyway! Just cheap looking "metal" chopsticks. So, we go into the shop to check things out since it seemed a but interesting and as we were browsing that same lady just told us to get out. These were her words "Escuse me I'm tired., please get out and go to other shop to look."
They were other tourists buying things in there but they weren't "forced" to leave. That's a very good way to attract customers, especially tourists to a store...
I think she was just unhappy that we weren't going to buy anything, so she couldn't line her purse pockets with cash, putting it politely.
And yesterday, me and Alex got our JR passes for Japan. I was surprised at how easy it was, since I thought I would need a Korean to come along to help. Only another month and 3 days until Japan and the end of this exchange!
Those were the only exciting thing from the past 10 days, tonight I'll be heading to some lantern festival and tomorrow will be a trip to Incheon's Chinatown. I'll write about those whenever I come back on here again xD
Places visited-->
Seoul:
Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, N Seoul Tower, Hongdae (Trick eye museum), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong, Jongmyo Shrine, Arisu Water Purification Centre, Sinchon, Seonreung and Jeongreung royal tombs, Sinsa
Jeju Island: Hallasan, Ilchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo, War Memorial of Korea
Yongin: Korean folk village
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ): Panmunjom/JSA, Dora Observatory, Third Infiltration tunnel, Dorasan Station
Jeonju
Busan
Paju (Heiri Village)
China:
Beijing
Tianjin
Dandong
DPRK:
Pyongyang
Kaesong
DMZ
Mt. Myohyang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment