Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Day 289, 290
Almost 300 days have passed since day 1 and I still can't believe it. And also heading into the final month now too.
Me and Alex went to Suwon yesterday to visit the Hwaseong Fortress that we've heard so much about. Going into this trip, I was excited since it seemed very historic, unique, and interesting. I need to change my attitude from now on...
When we get to the fortress and the main gate, it was covered due to renovations, so there goes the main reason why we came in the first place...Other than that, Suwon doesn't really seem to have a lot to offer. The trip was very underwhelming, we spent more time going and coming back than actually looking around. Suwon reminded me of Tianjin and I'm sure everyone knows how much I "loved" that city...
Suwon was the last major trip in Korea, since Japan is coming more and more on the horizon now. I also found out last week, that Johnny might be coming to Japan with me and Alex. Even though he said he would come, I still have my doubts because something tells me, he's going to cancel at the last minute, and it's not the first time he's done something like this.
Places visited-->
Seoul:
Gwanghwamun (Gyeongbok palace), Banpo (Rainbow) bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Cheongyecheon, Seoul City Hall, N Seoul Tower, Hongdae (Trick eye museum), Changgyeong palace, Changdeok palace, Deoksu palace, Bukchon, Myeongdong, Jongmyo Shrine, Arisu Water Purification Centre, Sinchon, Seonreung and Jeongreung royal tombs, Sinsa
Jeju Island: Hallasan, Ilchulbong, Jeju City, Seogwipo, War Memorial of Korea
Yongin: Korean folk village
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ): Panmunjom/JSA, Dora Observatory, Third Infiltration tunnel, Dorasan Station
Jeonju
Busan
Paju (Heiri Village)
Incheon: Chinatown and area
Suwon: Hwaseong Fortress
China:
Beijing
Tianjin
Dandong
DPRK:
Pyongyang
Kaesong
DMZ
Mt. Myohyang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment