Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 12, 13, 14

I guess I'll start off with, I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since I arrived. Time really is flying fast. So I finally visited Namdaemun and Chyeongyecheon with Murat and Seungho, unfortunately Namdaemun was covered due to renovations...so much for seeing that...However seeing Chyeongyechon was very good and beautiful. I couldn't believe that there used to be a highway that ran where it is now...
Didn't do anything really for Day 13 when it was my day off and I just decided to study Korean and other things, at the same time there's a major holiday coming up in Korea called Chuseok where everyone returns to their hometowns to honur ancestors. It almost seems like Obon in Japan.
As for today, Day 14, I watched the University's own rendition of 'Chicago' which was excellent, considering it had Korean students speaking english for 2.5 hours. I can't speak Korean for 2.5 minutes...So job very well done to the Korean students who did 'Chicago'.

Of course classes are now in full swing, but as I mentioned a major Korean holiday is coming up so campus may as well be shut down until next Wednesday. But I won't be lounging around in Seoul though (hopefully) since tomorrow I head to Jeju Island. So there won't be any updates for a couple days.

Until then.

Places visited in Korea: Gwanghwamun, Banpo bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam, Gapyeong, Namdaemun, Chyeongyecheon, Seoul City Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment