Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 7, 8

Not much to write about since I'm getting settled in here very quickly now. I guess the most interesting things I have done in these past two days were: eat at a sushi/sashimi place near Cheongyangni station, which to be honest was not that good and the owner seemed to have taken advantage of us being foreigners and charged us a lot. I felt sorry for Murat's roomate, who took us to that place, since he paid for it. Oh and I've realized that the university seems to be located in a very conservative part of Seoul. Since when we were all heading to the sushi restaurant, Murat was walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk and some old guy pushed him aside and yelled "right side!", if Murat's roomate hadn't informed me that this area was very conservative I would've passed that guy off as drunk and wanting to pick a fight. And speaking of drunk guys, the sushi restaurant had 3, each of them just yelling random things. Good entertainment for a not so good meal.
The other interesting thing in these last two days was go to Itaewon with Murat. Itaewon is literally a"foreign town" in Seoul. Within the first few metres from the station, I had already seen countless foreigners which is a stark contrast from the rest of Seoul. Murat also showed me a mosque in Itaewon as well. I'll be honest, it was very surprising especially since Korea is mostly Christian and Buddhist. All in all ended the day with a nice dinner at a Turkish restaurant. Though we could've chosen many other Middle Eastern restaurants in the area.

For Alex or Ryoko, if you read this: I tried a drink that was similar to the Dooh we had at the Iranian restaurant, except this one was not carbonated and no mint.

Ok well I guess I did write a lot. Won't be on here for a couple days due to an Ice breaking trip for all exchange students.


List of places visited: Gwanghwamun, Banpo bridge, Itaewon, Gangnam

No comments:

Post a Comment